top of page

Do you have questions about Canadian Professional Driving School’s courses or the services we provide? Check out our FAQs to get more info, or call us today with any questions that may not be answered here.

Get Answers to Your Questions

  • What to Do If Your Rear Wheels Skid While Driving?
    The first to apply in such cases is to keep calm and not panic! Take your foot away from the accelerator and move in the direction you want to go. Sometimes, you must frequently steer left and right to retain your car’s balance and avoid skidding. It is suggested that you should gently apply the brakes when needed. This helps prevent sudden breaks and avoids any possible complications.
  • What To Do If Your Car Gets Stuck In Ice?
    Due to heavy snowfall, there are chances that your car might get stuck in ice on Calgary roads. Do not spin your wheels; this action can dig your car deeper. Slowly move your wheels on either side to remove snow around your car's tires. You can also use sand, gravel, or salt to remove the ice in the wheels’ path. It is better to call for professional help if you cannot figure this all out.
  • What To Do If Your Front Tires Skid During The Drive?
    You should turn off the car’s engine and bring it down to neutral gear as the first step. It is strongly suggested that you avoid immediately steering your car as a reflex. Like rare wheels, keep steering in the direction of skidding. Only after that must you put your car on drive mode and gently accelerate to move in the desired direction. It helps get control of your vehicle.
  • When can I start my driver training course?
    You can start anytime when courses are available. Please call our office and check the availability of driving classes and times. We are available to answer 24/7.
  • Do I have to pay the full amount during registration? When should I pay the course fee?
    You don’t have to pay in full during registration. You can pay 50% of your course fee during the course registration and pay the rest of the balance before you start your car driving lesson.
  • Can I Have the Class 7 Learner’s License with Me During Registration? When Do You Require This License?
    We do not need it during the course registration process but require your Class 7 Learner’s License before you start the in-car driving lessons.
  • Do you provide female instructors for driving lessons?
    We have experienced and highly qualified female instructors. Please let us know your preference during registration.
  • What happens if I cancel my scheduled in-car lesson on the same day?
    48 hours’ notice is required to cancel any in-car driving lesson. There will be a cancellation fee if you cancel on the same day.
  • Before I enroll in my driving course, will I need to take a medical check-up?
    If you are applying for a basic driving license, it is up to you whether you get a medical check-up. However, medical check-ups are required if you enroll to get your driving license for Class 1, 2, 3, or 4 licenses. It is also wise to get a medical check-up if you are uncertain about your state of health or have any medical issues that may affect your ability to drive in any way.
  • Can I enroll immediately in my driver training program?
    Yes – you can start whenever we have classes available for the type of license you are looking for. Please telephone us 24/7 at 403-984-3344, and our office staff will be able to advise you on when we have classes available for you and when the classes start.
  • Can You Collect Me from My House and Drop Me Back There after My Class and, If so, Do You Charge Extra for Providing This Service?
    We always do our best to collect and return our clients to the agreed location after class. We do not charge extra for this service. However, we will need to determine the location with you in advance. This may or may not be your home, depending on the accessibility of the area you reside in.
  • How Do I Get My Class 7 Learner’s License, and Where Can I Get It From?
    Before applying for your Class 7 Learner’s License, you must study the Alberta Government Handbook and pass the qualifying exam. You can take the exam at any government-approved registry office located throughout Calgary on payment of the approved fee.
  • Who will test me once I finish your driving course?
    We cannot administer the test itself – this is always conducted by a qualified Alberta Registry office official. However, we can provide you with the vehicle you have been practicing in for a small fee.

We can teach you to drive in the language of your choice – English, Hindi, Punjabi, Urdu, Chinese, Arabic or Tagalog (Filipino). If you have any other questions about our driving lessons, please don’t hesitate to call or email us .

bottom of page